Mar 22, 2011

The Mini-Mudroom

The kids and I were painting all morning yesterday... they were painting with watercolors for an art display we're creating in the playroom (more on that tomorrow!) while I was painting our back door that opens into the kitchen.



I decided to paint the back door the color black to enhance our mini-mudroom, I mean our mini-mini-mudroom (by the way, that shirt makes me look kinda pregnant, so before anyone asks... no, I'm not prego).  I'm making a mudroom out of nothing because I desperately NEED a place to dump my stuff (kid stuff) when we walk in the back door.  The back door is really our main entrance... we use it to get to the garage, the driveway and the backyard.

Here's a before full-view of the back door leading into the kitchen area...


And, here's the freshly painted black door (with the Craigslist table and chair project that is waiting for me)... so much contrast, I LOVE it!


Now, don't laugh.... see that teeny-tiny wall space to the right of the black door?  That's what I'm calling our mudroom.  I added a frame for good memories, two hooks for coats, hats, purses, etc, and a much needed storage bench for shoes (remember, we live in TX so hopefully I won't need all the winter gear -- hugs to all my Northern readers, I don't know how you do it!).



I'm planning on giving the storage bench a little makeover.  I think the fake leather looks... well, too fake.  I'm thinking of adding extra padding over the tufted top and covering it with a black/cream ticking striped fabric that I have in my fabric stash... looks like this...

Black and White Ticking Fabric

I'll keep you posted on the mini-mini-mudroom progress.... it should be a speedy makeover since it's such a small space in the kitchen.

Psst, the rest of the kitchen progress is here.

2 comments:

  1. You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!

    Ocpsoft.org
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!

    Battlebrothersgame.com
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...