Nov 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Celebration

We celebrated a great Thanksgiving today with new friends and now I'm relaxing on the couch with a full tummy..... I think I need to run another "Turkey Dash"!  I was going through a few food and decorating pictures from today and thought I'd share, but what do you know..... I completely forgot to take pictures of the turkey.  Oh well, one more reason to enjoy another turkey dinner sooner than next year.  Here's a glimpse of our good eats (and an almost finished dining room)!

Tablescape

Tablescape

I saw this awesome napkin ring idea on Pinterest.... so, I kinda copied the look....

Menu

I added a new appetizer to the menu this year and it was a HUGE hit..... caramelized onion and apple tarts with gruyere and thyme.... DELICIOUS!  I think I'll be making them again for Christmas.

Appetizers

Chocolate

Cherry Pie

I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving!  Tomorrow, I pull out all the Christmas decorations.... I'm so excited (the kids are ecstatic)!

Linking up to Centsational Girl.

11 comments:

  1. what is in the cute little jars (canning jars??)? i love the look. i use canning jars for all sorts of things (drinking glasses, pen and marker holders, flower vases etc.) but never have i seen them used that way! i would love more info on that. your thanksgiving day looked wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are definitely canning jars.... or mini chocolate pies, bite size!  I made a pie crust, cut several pieces to fit the jar, then wrapped the crust around inside the jar and put chocolate filling in the middle, then baked them.  Yum!  Check this out... so many great food ideas using canning jars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm your newest subscriber. What a yummy table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the chevron print runner and gold painted pumpkins! Wow, so different and modern :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, and I missed out on it. And didn't get turkey either. Now I am sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looked up your blog based on the napkin ring holders. You did an AMAZING job. In trying to prepare for our wedding, I wanted to do something similar for the napkin rings. Would you have any suggestions on how to create? It seems pretty simple with the exception of font sizing, centering and cutting. Any insight would be completely appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, i'm glad to scan the entire content of this web log and am terribly excited and happy to mention that the webmaster has done a really sensible job here to place all the data content and knowledge at one place. Agen Bola Terbaik

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are some interesting points in time in this article but I don’t know if I see all of them center to heart. There is some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article, thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner as well

    Jp.un-wiredtv.com
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more popular because you definitely have the gift.

    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...